[stella] P1 P2 P1 P2 P1 P2 Thingy

Subject: [stella] P1 P2 P1 P2 P1 P2 Thingy
From: "Steve Bender" <sbender@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 10:06:49 -0700
I am amazed at how the Atari programmer pull off creating the 2600 Galaxian
with minimal flicker.  In Galaxian, there can be up  to eight aliens per
row.  From what I see in visual observation, it appears that the entire
marching force of aliens uses the player1 sprite while all flying aliens are
drawn using the player2 sprite. The only noticeable flicker is when two
flying aliens are overlap the same horizontal row. If this was how Galaxian
was done, that programmer/designer must have written some VERY tight code.

Steve