[stella] Mystery Machine

Subject: [stella] Mystery Machine
From: "David Batty" <wubble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:02:17 +0100
Hi there everyone,

I'm new to this list and I hope my question isn't too far out of place. If
it is then I hope someone will tell me where to go ;-) . It's an
identification question and not about programming. I haven't done any 6502
assembler since my C64 days(!) but I still find reading this mailing list
fun.

I've just bought, from a car boot sale here in the UK, a classic 4 switch
2600. But at the front where the wood grain effect normally is, the panel is
just black, with 'Atari 2600' and logo on the left side. The rest of the
case is the usual classic shape. Judging by the serial number 463, it's an
early model but I've never seen a black front one before. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,

Dave.