Re: [stella] Memory Map...another test request!!

Subject: Re: [stella] Memory Map...another test request!!
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:18:17 -0400
>Hi everyone!
>
>I'm making significant progress on the VCS memory map!  (yay!)
>
>But I need to run another test.  I need to know if INPT5 can be
>read at the following addresses: $1D, $2D, $3D, $4D
>
>I also want to verify that VSYNC is available at $40.
>
>If someone could do this it would be very helpful!

I'm almost sure I tested a while back that VSYNC is available at $40,
and the TIA registers are mirrored at $40 through $7F.  No idea on INPT5
though.  I'd be happy to run the tests for you, but the only TV-like
object I've got here at school is a Commodore 1902 monitor, which has
only composite inputs, and I haven't nearly enough faith in my soldering
abilities to composite-mod my 2600.  (Last thing I soldered was a
replacement jack for my headphones after it got destroyed in an accident
with my chair (don't ask), and said headphones now only work on the
right channel...)