Re: [stella] Low power 2600 "superchip"

Subject: Re: [stella] Low power 2600 "superchip"
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 12:11:07 -0700
At 12:31 PM 7/1/2000 -0400, you wrote:
I really don't mean this to discourage anyone, as I'd pay a couple hundred
bucks for a portable 2600/7800 with TFT screen that could play any game I
threw at it.  But by the time the members of this list could bring this

But I was talking about a sub-gameboy pricepoint. Now maybe it's the color LCD which would make that impossible, in which case no degree of miniaturization of the 2600 chipset will help (and I don't think it's acceptable to go to a B&W LCD screen) but that's the idea, to find a niche between keychain games and pocket game systems like the Gameboy. Just think, include every single Atari brand title as well and sell it for $20.

Have you seen the kind of limited graphics and sound that those keychain games feature? It's certainly nothing approaching the 2600, but they crank out a zillion of those things.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/