Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 00:28:19 +0200
At 19.24 19/07/00 +0200, you wrote:

Please tell me what you think about the gameplay
(steering, gravity, fuel, guns, planets 7+8 (if you
get that far ;-) etc.) and if the difficulty levels
are ok.

Now I can play it!! :-) Something has changed in the way the spaceship behaves, now it's almost perfect.
You've already heard this, but is really a great game. I will buy a cart as soon as it is available (or swap with a signed Oystron one.. :)
BTW, isn't it possible to make it work with the Supercharger?

The only sub-standard thing, is the sound. Explosions are good, thrust sound is decent but abused on the 2600 (try to change its volume for maybe a more interesting effect) but shots sound awful. Please change it. Also, you need some effects for the end of level, a better startup sound..
In general, please remove any sound effect that is ANNOYING..

As for PAL colors, with the help of PCAE you can try to find a combination of colors that look good both in PAL and NTSC. It will take some time, but it can be done (that's what I did with Oystron). Don't bother with the different timings, PAL TVs now can sync to the NTSC frame rate.

Ciao, P.

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/