Re: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:49:56 +0200
>Sometimes i could just replace the space with the needed jumps, but there
>are other places, where i'm using the same rom-space for two different
>bankswitches.

>I have to find some space in the first bank (contains the kernel). At the
>moment there is no byte left.

The fourth bank seems to be completely empty. Would it be possible to
take parts of the kernel, like the score display, there and switch banks
when one or the other should be displayed? Would that free enough space
in the first bank?

>I'm owning a four year old PAL Sony-TV and would like to play Thrust on it.
>I haven't found anything about NTSC in the manual, how can i check if it's
>capable of displaying NTSC?

The only way to be really sure, would be to try out a NTSC game on a PAL
VCS with it. But I have used much older TVs with my VCS and they all were
able to sync to NTSC games just fine. BTW those VCRs that can show NTSC
video tapes on PAL TVs usually also generate a PAL signal with 60Hz, so
it's very likely that Sony makes it's TVs compatible with that.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg