Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 16:55:52 +0200
Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >I could double this data to another bank and move these routines, but
> >i don't like that idea. It's bad coding vs. my own ego ;-)
>
> There is no bad coding if it comes to VCS games. ;-) Besides, you still
> have one completely unused bank in your game, and whether you waste the space
> there with lots of $FFs or with some doubled data shouldn't make any
> difference to the pride that you feel for your work. ;-)
Every bit i sacred ! (C) Monthy Phython, Thomas Jentzsch

> Also BITTE BITTE BITTE mach dass das Spiel auf meinem RAM Modul laeuft. ;-)
Ich versuch's, aber versprechen kann ich nix... ;-)

> PAL TVs should be able to handle 55Hz though. And most NTSC TVs should
> be able to display more than the 192 lines that Atari suggested for VCS
> games. So if you want to extend the visible part of your game that should
> be no problem, as long as you make sure that the overall number of lines
> per frame remains 262.
The problem is, that the offscreen code needs all the time. I've
already scheduled the code, so some parts are executed one even and
other ones on odd frames.
Now i can display four more lines (total: 196).
A slightly lower refresh rate would increase the total time, so i
could make the screen a bit higher.
I remember that some NTSC games are also using more than 262 lines,
i have to check this again.

tjentzsch at web dot de |
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de