Re: [stella] New ROMS - old idea

Subject: Re: [stella] New ROMS - old idea
From: Matt Matthews <jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:20:36 -0400
On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 10:14:22AM -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:
> Sounds like it.  How often does the bit pattern repeat itself on the
> driving controller?  If it only repeats once per revolution, the odds of
> being able to do this would be really slight.  If it repeats once every 1/4
> or less, I could see it being possible to "skip" or "jump" if you moved the
> paddle around quickly.

I think it's divided into thirds or fourths (i.e. the pattern on the wheel
repeats itself 3 or 4 times in a revolution). I tore one apart once and
there's just a wheel in there made out of plastic or something that has a foil
pattern on it. Of course, I'm getting old, so this could be completely wrong.

FWIW, I think it's divided into thirds.

Regards,
matt

  jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxx |  Mathematician   | http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jvmatthe