Re: [stella] power adapter specs?

Subject: Re: [stella] power adapter specs?
From: Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:24:03 -0500 (CDT)
> happened.  I cant get a replacement though because the sticker fell off
> of the adapter and the part number I got when I called isn't in the
> radio shack parts database.  so, if someone could possibly give me the

9V dc, 500ma, tip positive.  Note that if you measure a working one, you
will get a higher voltage because the power block is made with only a
transformer, some sort of bridge(don't know which, didn't take it apart),
and a cap. Therefore, the unloaded voltage will be higher, probably
12-15Vdc.  For this reason, get a replacement rated at least 500ma, but
not to much higher.  I wouldn't go above 1a.  But I guess it doesn't
matter to much as it just goes into a 7805.  I think you can get away with
as low as 6.5V, and much higher.  The 7805 should be able to take at least
30V, but it would be limited to a much lower voltage because of heat
disapation.  The most important part is just to get the tip positive.

Mark