Re: [stella] 8K Cart question

Subject: Re: [stella] 8K Cart question
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:13:48 -0800

Do you know what sort of delay time you have?

I tried values ranging from around 30 ns to about 600 ns. Ideally you'd want to wait until the second half of the cycle, around 400 ns, but in my tests anything over about 50 ns seemed just as good.

As you may have guessed by my questions, I am slowly working on a
bankswitch cart using programmable logic, and am looking for advice on
solutions before I run into the problem.  My current plan was to clock my
logic at a high rate(at least 20mhz), then I could oversample, and do
glitch detection etc on the address lines.  This would also solve the
problem of when to grab data for a write because you can wait until you
get a stable address, then wait x amount of time before grabbing the data.

Had you considered putting a clock in there for this, or are you just
trying to do a simpler scheme?

I considered using a clock, but was hoping to avoid it.

Chad

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/