Re: [stella] New game concept

Subject: Re: [stella] New game concept
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:22:31 -0500
In message <200011190348.WAA15743@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Grand writes:
>Hi guys-
>
>I've been lurking on this list for a few months (and a few years ago, as
>well) and have been toying with the idea of writing up a 2600 game for some
>time.. I have a concept that I'll run by everyone and see if it is
>do-able/play-able.

[game desription deleted]

Wow.  That sounds cool!  As far as doable, I dunno what you're thinking of
graphically, but a freeway type set up might be a nice place to start:

drive head == chicken
tracks == lanes
data == cars

If you want to be hardcore, you can put a data latency limit in the game.
Maybe on higher levels?  Ie. give the player a maximum time to retrieve
the data.  Then...you would have an excuse to add a data cache over on
the side.  :)

I like your idea!

-Chris