Re: [stella] New game concept

Subject: Re: [stella] New game concept
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 23:11:59 +1100
Neat concept.

I immediately thought of the display as a square-circle.
That is, multiple concentric squares, each one being a single track.  Maybe
that would work;  after all, though the concept is a disk drive (circle),
the game doesn't actually have to mirror reality.  A series of concentric
squares could work.

This would KIND of be like a rotating version of uh... what was it called...
CRASH?   Two cars going around a concentric-square track, one trying to
collect the dots, the other trying to collide.... you could change lane at
each of 4 positions, either one or two lanes, and you could hit the button
to go fast.  Gee... memory, don't fail me ... it was...uh.... anyone?

The similarities are that you are rotating around a center, and have a
limited ability to shift sideways on each rotation.  You have a target track
to get to.   Just need an opponent (bad sectors?) to avoid.   What I really
liked about uh... "crash"... was that you could memorise patterns, and get
to the high levels without having to waste reflexes ;)

Anyway, good luck - neat concept :)

Cheers
Andrew Davie adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx & adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #3297382
Museum of Soviet Calculators @ www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html