Re: [stella] Star Fire Homepage

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire Homepage
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:54:50 +0100
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> > ATM you can see few 2600 converted graphics and you can read what the
> > original Star Fire programmer thinks about my plan to do his game on the
> > VCS.
> So, are you goint to tell us the URL of your page, or do you want
> to keep it secret until you have some more contend up? ;-)

Ooooops stupid I am, typing faster than thinking...
Here you go:

http://home.germany.net/101-36834/index.html

> > A little question I've again about programming: When using the
> > 6_different_sprites_in_a_line_without_flicker code, does that mean I can
> > display _nothing_ else in these lines? What about the ball & the
> > missiles?

> Unfortunately, the six sprites routine does take up every single
> cycle in the scanline. If you could live with double scanline
> resolution, you could free up some cacles in the second scanline.
> And if the mothership has only one fixed graphics, you could use
> indexed accesses instead of indirect-indexed addresses, which
> would get you some more cycles. But the number of cycles that
> you could get that way would only be enough to do really simple
> things, like change a colour.

Seems that I can forget about a 48 pixel mothership then.
The mothership (it's not animated btw), will constantly travel onscreen
from the left to the right, during normal gameplay. This means I need to
be able to display the Starfield and (if firing) the laser on the same
horizontal lines any given time. So I'll have to try it with a 32 Pixel
sprite, or won't that make that big a difference?

Clay Halliwell wrote:

> Hrmm? What's the connection between Star Fire and Epyx?

Epyx did the home versions. You'll find everything about Star Fire, when
following the link I provided above.

Greetings,
	Manuel