Re: [stella] Telepahy, Yahtzee, Compumate....

Subject: Re: [stella] Telepahy, Yahtzee, Compumate....
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:29:41 +0100
John Saeger wrote:

> Sorry I took so long to get to this.  So I went ahead and released what we
> have so far.  I needed to fix the jitter in the new Yahtzee too.  I hate it
> when that happens.  ;-)

Hi John,

just wanted to tell you that I love Z26, it's brilliant!

May I suggest a little feature:

I'd like to have a (switchable) mode, were a screenshot is saved every
time when the screen changes.
This'd be the ultimate feature for making animated GIFs out of 2600 game
sequences!
Of course it wouldn't matter if it'd slow down the emulation for the
moment when capturing a sequence. I think it might be easy, you'd just
keep a screenshot of the past frame in the memory and compare it with
the actual. If it differs -> save the new pic away. I think this would
be better than saving every frame, providing you tons of identical
pictures.
I think most of the nescessary routines are already in the emulator,
since it is a common way to switch between two pictures when drawing a
screen.

What do you think about realizing that?

Greetings,
	Manuel