Re: [stella] Telepahy

Subject: Re: [stella] Telepahy
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:11:53 -0600
At 12:26 PM +0100 12/28/00, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>Someone on RGVC mentioned that there was an interview with
>Dan Oliver in the 2600 Connection #40 where he describes
>working on a game for the Mindlink. The game describtion
>sounded pretty much like Telepathy, so maybe Russ can provide
>some information from that interview here.

That was one of Tim's issues, but I might be able to dig it
up.  Scott Stilphen is the guy who noted the similarity to
Telepathy from a paragraph the guy commented on.  He sent a
note to http://www.atari2600nexus.com, but I'm not sure if
it was a news bit (think so) or on the WWW Board.

At 2:25 PM +0100 12/28/00, Piero Cavina wrote:
>At 12.26 28/12/00 +0100, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>>I have started to add support for the Mindlink to z26, but I
>>finished the first version only shortly before Christmas, so
>>John didn't have the time to test it yet.

>But how is the Mindlink supposed to work exactly?

More to the point, has anyone built their own?  Has anyone
reverse-engineered this puppy?  Is anyone selling repros?  :-)

At 11:05 AM -0500 12/28/00, Rob Kudla wrote:
>Does anyone else think this game looks like the screenshots of that
>"unknown game" that were floating around last winter, sometimes called
>Indy II?

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same game.  At that time the cart
hadn't been opened, or that guy (if there were two) didn't bother.

At 8:53 PM +0100 12/28/00, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>The Mindlink description on the AGH site mentiones that the
>prototype controller works with Bionic Breakthrough and Mind
>Maze. I don't have any information about Mind Maze, so I can't
>say how it would work together with the Mindlink emulation in
>z26.

It's possible Mind Maze was another name for Telepathy, though
if the game IS the one Dan Oliver talked about, Telepathy was
more of a demo and so Mind Maze might be some part of Telepathy,
Telepathy, or something wholly different.  I assume AGH was
referring to Mind Maze as listed in a PR note as opposed to
the ROM being found, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong.  :-)
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||