[stella] The definitive Yahtzee rules

Subject: [stella] The definitive Yahtzee rules
From: rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:15:44 -0500
Looks like we were playing by some wack rules in my childhood.  I don't have all the emails from the list that discuss scoring in front of me (lunch time at work) but I did dig up a pdf of a scan of the Yahtzee rules.  Looks like you can, in the right circumstance, score a "large straight" (or anything else for that matter) in the lower as well as get the 100 for extra Yahtzees.  Iirc, the total scores you had were right on.  You could potentially get a Yahtzee bonus for _every_ spot on your scorecard, except the Yahtzee spot itself.

But to do this, you'd not only have to throw a Yahtzee each turn, you'd have to throw Yahtzees with _each number_ (1-6) at the right time.  For example, if you Yahtzee with all 2's, you have to score it as 5 2's in the Upper Section.  If that's full (assuming you had a Yahtzee with 2's already), you can count it as anything in the Lower.  But if the Lower is full (and the 2's in the Upper already has a Yahtzee by definition) you have to take a zero in one of the other Upper slots.  You cannot count your 2's as a "Joker" for 5's in the Upper.

*breath*

Anyhow, here's the link.  Knock yourselves out. :^)

http://www.hasbro.com/consumer/instruct.htm

Ruffin Bailey