[stella] New Game Idea

Subject: [stella] New Game Idea
From: "Tempest" <reicher6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:15:10 -0500
After spending most of my Christmas vacation reading and re-reading every
document on 2600 programming that I could get my hands on, I've decided to
start my first 2600 game.

It's going to be loosely based on the Atari vector game Major Havoc
(obviously with no vector graphics).  The first stage will consist of the
player shooting at ships at the top of the screen until he reaches the space
station.  The second stage will have the player try and land on the station
in a Lunar Lander style game.  The final stage will be a maze where your
character (armed with a flame thrower) will have to get to the core at the
center while avoiding monsters.  You then will have to escape from the maze
while a timer counts down.

I know this all sounds a little advanced for a starting game, but I'm going
to give it a try.  I already have the ship drawn and your able to move it
around the screen (that's a start anyway).

Let me now what you all think of this idea.  Is this even feasible on the
2600?  I wasn't planning on dealing with any super detailed graphics (like
Solaris), It will probably look more like a mid 80's Atari game.

Tempest

P.S. A little off topic, but if anyone is interested in seeing my new
Porky's prototype for the Colecovision go to this page
http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/proto.htm