[stella] single-step and register viewing

Subject: [stella] single-step and register viewing
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:42:20 -0800
I'm beginning to successfully hack How To Draw a Playfield in order to migrate it towards delivering the playfield I need for my game, but it's clear that I need an emulator that provides me with a little more than just running the game. This is especially important in learning the ins and outs of 6502 assembly, to see the values of registers change line by line and branches get taken (or not) as the program executes.

z26 outputs a log but that is too disassociated with the display to be useful enough for me.

I'd like to use PCAtari because the debugger sounds kick-ass but I can't get it to run on Windows 2000.

Any tips?

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/