Re: [stella] Tetris brainstorming

Subject: Re: [stella] Tetris brainstorming
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:53:27 +0100
> >I don't remember real Tetris doing that, though, does it?  A flash or
> >something maybe?
>
> Real Tetris (arcade and Gameboy) doesn't highlight the falling pieces,
> true.  What it does do is give an audio "clunk" when a piece "hits bottom"
> and the player can't control it anymore.  That'd probably work fine on the
> 2600, I think.

I think you are right about the original version of Tetris. But most
versions of Tetris use different colours or patterns for the different
pieces. You can't really have that on the VCS. But by highlighting the
falling piece, you can at least make this one distinguishable from the
pieces already lying in the bin. I think this is also a good feature to
have.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg