RE: [stella] Asteroids question

Subject: RE: [stella] Asteroids question
From: Kurt.Woloch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:04:53 +0100
Tempest wrote:

>>There might also be a revision where there are 2 extra game variations
>>but I am not sure if that was just a misprint somewhere along the line.

>I think it was just a misprint on the original Sears label.  I have a 64
and
>a 66 variations cart but I think they both have 66 (I'll have to check).

Hmmm, maybe this could be a reason for different ROM revisions? I don't know
anything about the US market, but did Sears distribute Asteroids as a Sears
cart? If so, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't like an Atari copyright
message appearing at startup, hence the revision... but it's only a wild
guess.

BTW, I saw that Asteroids is an 8K cart, which rather surprises me since I
think it's not THAT complicated... so I'm only curious if all ROM revisions
have 8K or if there are some with less (4K, for instance...). And I still
wonder what they needeed all that ROM space for...

With love from Austria (and many ROM revisions to review)
Kurt Woloch