Re: [stella] Re:7800 anyone?

Subject: Re: [stella] Re:7800 anyone?
From: Greg Miller <gmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:23:55 -0600
Msorman@xxxxxxx wrote:

I did a little searching and found a converter program here: http://www.keil.com/download/dlf.asp?ID=mot2bin.zip it seems to do the converting fine but the bin output file is 496k, a little larger than it should be. I think 128k is the correct size. I took a look at the bin file, and like you said, it has a lot of stuff repeated. I guess I would need some sort of disassembler for 7800 ROMs to clean this up. It may be a bit over my level, so if anyone has any suggestions on an easier way to do it, please let me know.

I looked at the ROMs... The problem is that these are bankswitched carts, so the S-Record files are using 24-bit addressing with the top 8 bits specifying a bank number. At first glance, it appears they're in the same ordering used for the .a78 format, so it shouldn't be hard to convert it to that. I'll throw together a converter for srec->a78 after I get the disassembler I'm working on out.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/ http://www.indie-games.com/
"If you torture a ballot long enough, eventually it'll confess."

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/