[stella] change in list rules

Subject: [stella] change in list rules
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:16:56 -0800
Everyone should no longer have to wait for binary posts to be approved anymore.

The policy of no copyrighted BINs still stands on the basis of the honor system, but it has become increasingly apparent in the last year or so that the copyright holders have no intention of taking any of these ROMs offline (it's quite too late to stop it anyway). Plus, they don't seem to have much interest in any more commercial emulations for the 2600 (or most other classic machines for that matter) which might have commoditized these files.

We are hosting several prototypes currently on the VGAM file archive (http://www.egroups.com/vgam) as a historical archive. We will not host well known released titles, but I no longer see anything wrong with others who do, as time and circumstances appear to have finally legitimized the practice (at least on a practical basis if not a technically legal one).

We still kindly ask that the Starpath games remain uncirculated as we have a significant number of CDs remaining in stock for those who might even only be casually interested in these games. The Starpath CD has been recently heavily discounted and is a real bargain now.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/