Re: [stella] double-height 6-digit score display

Subject: Re: [stella] double-height 6-digit score display
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:08:14 -0500
At 11:04 AM 2/10/01 +0100, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
>BTW: I know that won't help you, but the DOS version of
>PCAE also works with illegal opcodes. There is a bug in
>the windows version which will be fixed soon. Maybe
>this is a good argument for illegal opcode support in
>Stella too.

It may be that I can get PCAE running in a DOS/Windows emulator; I haven't
tried (though I probably should have, since I just did an article for a
Linux emulation web site about support for pre-crash consoles under Linux.
In short: v2600 is dead and stella doesn't do sound or illegal opcodes very
well.)

I could probably at least implement the LAXes myself in Stella if I sat
down with the source for a few hours, but I haven't had a few hours in
quite some time ;)  (And I don't know if I could even distribute the
resulting code, since I don't know Stella's license except that it's not GPL.)

Rob

kudla@xxxxxxxxx ... http://kudla.org/raindog ... Rob

-