Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:37:22 -0800 (PST)
--- Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I was new to the list (more than three months
> ago :-)), I was
> asking what everybody was working on. Now, I'd just
> like to repeat that
> question, to update my database :-)

Boy, first the government, now you're keeping tabs on
me.  ;-)

Atari programming:  in a holding pattern, big time.
Chasing down some leads with the writing.  Last time,
I almost got work writing comics for Acclaim, but they
yanked the plug on the publishing arm.  Back to Square
One, and whad'ya know?  Another lead.  Working on a
killer idea for him.

What exactly am I working on:  the puzzle game is
taking way more work than I thought, so I've put it in
storage for the moment.  I'm caught between wanting my
first project to be something actually fun and
something that won't send my brain crawling down my
spinal column.  I'm thinking, as a try-out, making my
first program a conversion of Phaser Strike on my
Microvision.  I recognize it will violate my "I want
it fun" clause, but it has least has value from a
consumer advocate stance.  For my second program, I
would love to create a conversion of Shut The Box.
I'm figuring that would be perfectly within a
beginner's skill.  It's not like I'm adding on-line
play or anything.

I'll get back on that once I see how what I'm working
on pans out.  Writing takes priority over programming,
I'm afraid, but we all have our own rows when we have
to put the ducks away.

Dobre utka,
Pete Holland Jr.
who dreams of making a DreamCast emulator for his
2600, since Sega won't be doing anything with it now