Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1

Subject: Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:55:17 +0100
Manuel Polik wrote:
> Uhm... actually I don't see any difference when hitting F5/F6 on Z26.
> The mode it does on startup is working brilliant though.

In default mode the cursor moves with the moving car, when you change the mode, it doesn't.

> Excellent work as usual Thomas! Congratulations!
> I even managed to finish the first level in 10 seconds without reading
> the manual :-)

Thanks!
Have you tried 500? :-)

> You're right, but JAMMED was only 50% of the secret plans, IIRC :-)
I'm curious, what are the other 50%? Come on, I just published my 50%... :-)

> As for sound, what about something similar to the 'honk' noises from
> 'Freeway'?

Something like that, yes. Maybe some engine noises when the car exits, too.

> If you think about an ongoing playing melody, please don't forget about
> a switch for turning it OFF. After a while the best tunes get annoying.

That's why I won't add a melody at all, I'll better invest the bytes in something more usefull. And because I'm not a good sound designer, too.

Have fun!
Thomas

BTW: Did anybody notice that I'm a big fan of Monty Python?
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 18mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail,
Fax, SMS, Verschlüsselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de

-