Re: [stella] Qb: v0.03

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v0.03
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:20:59 +0100
> I'll be interested to hear how this version works for others on various
> platforms/emulators/hardware.  Comments PLEASE, anyone?

OK, I've tried this version on my PAL 7800 again. My 7800
RAM cart can't handle binaries which are located at $1000,
so I had to compile myself a version at $F000.

This version syncs much better with my system. But there
still is a problem with the frames being one line too
long or too short occasionally. On my PAL system
this has the effect that the colours disappear for a
while occasionally and then come back for a couple
of frames before they disappear again. Of course the
colours aren't too nice in PAL anyway, as you can see
yourself in z26 when you use the -c1 command line
switch. ;-)

With the -o command line switch you can see the
effect with the disappearing colours, although on my
7800 the (dis)appearance of colours is just the opposite
of what it is on the emulator. This usually means that
VSYNC gets turned on in the middle of a scanline, which
z26 dosn't emulate properly. You can fix it by doing
the accesses to VSYNC directly after a WSYNC.

Also there seems to be a problem with one of the routines
taking too long when more than one block is in the playfield.
This has the effect that the screen jumps every couple of frames.
I think it might have something to do with the fruit display.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-