[stella] Where To Begin

Subject: [stella] Where To Begin
From: "Tempest" <reicher6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:27:50 -0500
Ok, If you've read my previous post you'll see that I am attempting to port
Dino Eggs to the 2600.  I've got some basic 6502 assembly knowledge, I've
read all the starting docs (how to draw a playfield, scanline counting,
etc.), but I still don't know where to start.  Should I start with the
background, the actual levels (platforms, ladders, etc.), or with my player
graphics?  Also, I'm getting a 7800 Monitor cart and I was wondering if
anyone has had any programming experience with it and if it works well?
Does it make programming any easier?

One other problem I can foresee is that the original game used two buttons
(one to jump and one to pick stuff up), what can I do to get around this
little snag?  I suppose I could have pushing up be jump, or I could use
something like the booster grip to make two buttons.  Any ideas?

Tempest

-