[stella] Gunfight 2600: It could've been soooo cool, but...

Subject: [stella] Gunfight 2600: It could've been soooo cool, but...
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:51:08 +0100
Hi there!

I experimented a lot with the STA HMOVE trick Thomas poitned out
yesterday. After lot's of try & error I got it going, but unfortunately,
when STA HMOVEing on cycle 74, all you can produce are shifts to the
left.
So I could produce any gun agles like these:

   ***
  ***
 ***
***

But _not_ these:

***
  ***
   ***
    ***

I defintitely need 'em both, so I need to rework my kernel again, maybe
doing it the Activision way.
This might introduce other flaws since with 2 STA HMOVEs, I have a 1LK
resolution for the gun, whilst all other objects have a 2LK resolution.
We'll see. Hopefully I get the timing going somehow.

Sorry Thomas, brilliant trick, but not the right one here.

You can see my experiments so far in the attached binary, It's not timed
100%, but still looks good I think...
Too bad it didn't work out completely, could've been an awesome kernel.

Greetings,
	Manuel