Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1

Subject: Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:12:21 +0100
> I don't understand, what do you mean with "nessessary number of blank
lines"? Decompressing random levels can take up to about 30 frames. So the
TV won't get any VSYNC during that time. How could your suggestion work?

I think you are right. It wouldn't work. But maybe you could use Glenn's
sugestion. Check the switches at the start of the frame. If you need to
decompress some levels, set up a timer for a full frame and decompress
as many levels as you can during that frame. Then do a VSYNC and continue
to decompress levels that way in as many frames as needed.

BTW, I saw that you replied to Andrew's qb005 post too. Did you get
the qb006 post, or has WEB.DE somehow eaten it?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-