Re: [stella] SuperDuperCharger interest check

Subject: Re: [stella] SuperDuperCharger interest check
From: Chad Schell <gamer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:59:37 -0800

Instead of designing another product, wouldn't it be easier to make the SDC work for both the 2600 and the 7800?

Well, the 7800 uses more address lines on the cart fingers, and if I designed it to use those, it would no long work in a 2600. That's why I went with this design. (Yes, I suppose one could make a dual mode device that did or did not use the extra signals.)

I wanted this to work on the much more common 2600 so I didn't use the 7800 signals. Would have really simplified things to build it for a 7800 though.

Also, I would never use the audio interface for a 7800 product . It's too slow for 128K files.

Chad

Chad Schell
chad@xxxxxxxxxxx

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/