[stella] z26 and the internal speaker

Subject: [stella] z26 and the internal speaker
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 14:19:25 -0500
Okay, I know this has got to be the lowest priority request ever, but does anyone know if there are any plans to upgrade the support in z26 for the internal speaker? At work that's all I've got (I know it would seem that I'd prefer to have the sound off at work, but...) and I'm afraid I haven't been hearing much (actually nothing at work with NT 4, SP6).

I tried at home on the PC with a soundcard to compare noises, and I've noticed that, at least with This Planet Sucks (while I'm at it, where did the TPS home page go? I noticed the link from Nick's was broken last week) and Oystron very few sounds seem to make it out of the internal speaker at all. When the Oystron ship crashed or when starting a new round in TPS you could hear a little bit, but that was about all.

I then compiled Combat from a copy of nbcombat.asm I had laying around and tried that. Though the movement sound of the tanks wasn't there, the shot and hit sounds were relatively well done, though it sounded a little like the shells had been sucking on helium before getting shot (ie, sounds were a little high pitched).

I guess as much out of curiousity than anything else, what are the issues related to getting the internal speaker to work with z26 and might there be more work done on this option? Has anyone else tried out a few games and had some success stories?

Thanks, and back to downloading 10+ megs of updates for my new UO:Third Dawn beta over the 28.8... :(

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/