Re: [stella] Hello, I'm new to the mailing list

From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:52:51 +1100
> I want to be able to have one of my own games in cartridge format some
day.

I can certainly identify with that feeling :)   Welcome to our little
community!

> Anyway, I am currently in the process of reading the source code of Combat

Mmmh.... I think just getting in there and seeing how it all works is the
best way to go.  Examining other code which uses (probably)
hard-to-understand tricks, and is possibly poorly structured.... might give
you bad habits :)   That's just my opinion... I looked at Nick's how to draw
a playfield and nothing else.

> The only thing that I'm worried so far is to determine whenever the puck
> makes a collision with the playfield, how it will differentiate between a

I agree with Manuel.  I wouldn't touch the hardware collision registers with
a barge-pole.  Much more accurate to do it with simple software collision
checking.

> Ghislain de Blois

Once again, welcome aboard.  Don't be frightened to post source-code... many
of us are eager to help.

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v

-