Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:24:23 +0100
> OK, so this is my first "alpha" release.  Alpha, to me, means that just
> about everything is actually there - if it doesn't work properly that's
> pretty much OK.  Alpha is a complete, playable game - which this is.

I'm not sure if this is already the cleaning up stage, but since
I have complained about this for all the other versions, I just
have to do it for this one too. ;-)

There still are some linecout problems. I haven't quite figured out
why, but under some circumstances, the colours go away in PAL. You
can see this with the -o command line option in z26. It already
happens in the first level, when a fruit appears on one of the cubes,
I think.

There also are some issues with some of the routines combined
taking too long for the timer, which results in the screen to jump.
I think you should cycle count the worst case for all your routines
and see how you can combine them so that they will always fit into
the timer.

And one thing that isn't really a problem, but more a case of
making your game look 'professional': When a new level starts,
the setup routines take so long that the screen jumps. Before
you go and add a title screen to the game, you might want to
use the space that you can free up to fix this problem. I think
this would benefit the appearance of the game more.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-