Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v1.00 (alpha #1)
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:07:36 +0100
Andrew Davie 27.02.01:
> Attached, my source code - this will be easier than going through
> disassemblies - but things like the above will probably be harder to spot,
> unless you use a listing output - which is probably a good idea anyway.

After you and Manuel did a lot of optimizations this might come to late:

Replace:
        lda level
        and #%11111
        clc
        adc #1
        cmp #30
        beq Unchange            ; maxed out
        sta NL_temp
        lda level
        and #%11100000
        ora NL_temp
        sta level

with (-3 bytes):
        lda level
        and #%11111
        tax
        inx
        cpx #30
        beq Unchange            ; maxed out
        stx NL_temp
        eor Level                    ; a = level and #%11100000 now
        ora NL_temp
        sta Level

Replace (if x is available):
        lda SWCHA               ; joystick
        lsr
        lsr
        lsr
        lsr
        tay
        lda joystickdir,y
        tay

with (-1 byte):
        lda SWCHA               ; joystick
        lsr
        lsr
        lsr
        lsr
        tax
        ldy joystickdir,x
(there were several other place in your older code too)

Replace:
        lda (AI_Vector),y
        sta AI_Jump
        iny
        lda (AI_Vector),y
        sta AI_Jump+1
        jmp (AI_Jump)

with: (-4 bytes)
        lda (AI_Vector),y
        pha
        iny
        lda (AI_Vector),y
        pha
        rts
I haven't checked this! I think you have to correct the vector-addresses.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 18mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail,
Fax, SMS, Verschlüsselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de

-