Re: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #1

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: RELEASE CANDIDATE #1
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:42:24 +1100
> As for the score decrementing when the timer and screen patter changes how
> about subtracting a certain amount of points instead of continuously
> subtracting until the level is completed.  If you do this then it seems
like
> the object would be to get to the highest level possible and not to obtain
> the highest score (I don't know, this may be your intention).  It gets
> difficult to get a great score on higher levels.

Which kind of says to me it's working exactly as I thought it would.
Perhaps you should just decide after a while that your score is as big as
its going to get, and deliberately kill all your remaining lives ;)   - but
really, doesn't seeing your score wildly rolling down install a sense of
panic?  Doesn't it really give you the hurry-up to complete that screen?

Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v

-