Re: [stella] Qb: Opinions sought...

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Opinions sought...
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:07:25 +0100
Andrew Davie wrote:

> I moved the routine from the overscan to the vertical blank - a few more
> cycles "2800" available there, but also to no avail.  I *do* have solutions,
> but they have consequences.

What about starting the routine in the overscan and finishing it during
vertical blank?

Can you extract that routine + the necessary subroutines + necessary
data and post it please? Maybe we can then analyse _why_ it's too slow
and speed it up enough for the cost of <= X (Could you specify X then?
:-)) bytes?

> So, what do you all think... junk a couple of frames of graphics (1UP, a
> fruit) and (hopefully) keep the title screen...  or junk the title screen
> and install several more frames of graphics?

Gameplay goes always before schickschnack, so if there's no elegant
other way - Skip the title-screen!

Greetings,
	Manuel

-