Re: Re: [stella] Qb FINAL

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Qb FINAL
From: Kurt.Woloch@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:22:53 +0100
Andrew Davie wrote:

>OK, I have to ask.  I've seen the above in reference to "base"... what IS
>this all about?

This basically is a line out of a video game intro, occuring in the game
"Zero wing" on the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis. The manufacturers of this,
Toaplan, tried to translate the intro from japanese to English and didn't
quite succeed doing so. Somehow that sentence, in the last months, has grown
into a cult item, and variations of this sentence are appearing all about,
are sprayed on walls, painted on signs etc. If you search the Internet for
"All your base are belong to us", I'm sure you'll find out more about this
phenomenon. It's #36 in popularity on some Internet search engine now...

BTW, I've tested your FINAL version. It still has no sound - ok, you said
so, but only a few days ago you were offering 80 free bytes for someone to
do some sound... apparently, you didn't find anyone. Sad... for I think the
type of sound you had in the Atari 800 version shouldn't take too many bytes
to re-create. But it's your game, and it will be released as you decide.

By the way, did you know that game's already featured on
www.vintagegaming.com? I think it's a little early for that...

With love from Austria (and no sound to add anymore?!)
Kurt Woloch

-