Re: [stella] Gas gauge - revisited

Subject: Re: [stella] Gas gauge - revisited
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:49:27 -0500
In message <5.0.2.1.2.20010312234547.029c7440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Grand w
rites:

>I am trying to make the gauge two-color (e.g. red underneath and green for
>the actual "time remaining"). With playfield graphics only, I was thinking

When is the playfield color updated?  Can you just change color mid-scanline?
I'm assuming this is impossilbe, but never hurts to ask.

Also, what about making the background color red for just those lines, and
playfield green...then just display playfield over background as usual?

>of just drawing the red data on one frame and the green data on the next
>frame and alternate that way - I wouldn't assume the eye would see a
>flicker. I started to try this on the airplane last night but my battery

Red to green?  Are you kidding?  That's gonna be pretty bad....
Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the intent?

-Chris

-