Re: [stella] Qb: Release candidate 2.08

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Release candidate 2.08
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:10:47 +0100
> Also, this version fixes the VSYNC (6 lines) problem that Eckhard
reported.

This is good, but now you are doing three lines less per frame than
you should, which is an odd number and therefore results in the PAL
colour loss. You have to reinsert them at some other space. Maybe just
increase the VBLANK timer. Also in the new NTSC version the lower
playfield border shifts down one line when Qb hops down to a cube in
the bottom row.

> I have also tried a little experiment:  this version cuts down the speed
of
> the jump to 3/4 normal speed.  The original seemed a little fast on my PAL
> machine, and was probably impossibly fast on an NTSC.  I can easily slow
it
> down to 1/2... but I'm happy with it as it is now (@3/4).  Could I please
> have some immediate feedback from people on the jump speed?  Is it better
> than it was?  Should it be even slower?

Half speed feels too slow, but 3/4 speed seems alright. It now
happens less often, that I'm hopping several cubes in a row and then
accidently move the last cube around. BTW, the speed of the NTSC
version is the same no matter what TV system your VCS uses. Therefore
you can try the speed on your PAL supercharger as well.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-