Re: [stella] parallel efforts / Invaders

Subject: Re: [stella] parallel efforts / Invaders
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:24:32 -0800
At 11:46 PM 3/14/2001 +1100, you wrote:
I would be delighted to follow the progress of this code on the list.
Anyone game?  Thomas, perhaps you can work your magic?  Truth is, I'm
tempted.... but I'm  still not decided on my next project;  and I'm rather
(well, very) burnt-out from the effort on Qb.  It was very interesting
reading the archives (re: Oystron) and seeing Piero feeling exactly the same
way.

I know you have a convention coming up to release this thing, but I hope that you keep tweaking Qb in response to user feedback because this last 1% is the difference between a good game and a perfected game. It really is like Oystron all over again because Piero, MANY TIMES, said "okay, I'm done, no memory left either" and then a) people still had suggestions and b) people like Jim Nitchals freed up code in there to deliver those features. So the final game has as much "game" as it probably can theoretically hold, by virtue of the collaboration of everyone on the list at that time.

I certainly hope someone steps up to add some sound to the game.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/