Re: [stella] Qb: Release candidate 2.09

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Release candidate 2.09
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:30:00 +0100
> So, that's it guys.  Final version, right?  Too late to ask for anything
> more.  I'm done.

As far as I can tell, all display problems have been removed.
Both versions constantly show a stable picture now.

While I too think that you should add some more sound effects
to underline the differnt things going on on the screen, here
is a problem with too much sound. When you hop on a nasty, the
hopping sound doesn't stop until a new Qb shows up. When you
loose your last live this way, the sound goes on forever.

And i think you should do something about the score countdown.
When you are playing for score, it's really frustrating. If
the pattern changes come so quickly that you can't keep up
with them and there are no nasties around to kill yourself,
there is nothing that you can do to save your score. Maybe
during gameplay you could use the SELECT button as a give up
function that costs you 1000 points for every cube not on
the destination spot and a life or something like that.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-