Re: [stella] Qb: Big Woofin Bug

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: Big Woofin Bug
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:06:49 -0500

Ah.  Over-zealous  optimisation.  I cut out a routine which wasn't called...
but it WAS executed by fall-through code.  Oops!  I'm a bit pressed for
time, so I'll do a fixup version later tonight.  Thanks for pointing that
out!  Dang.

I'm sure you figured this out, but I played one more time before hitting the sack and noticed that all I had to do was hold down the fire button... forget even pretending to be jumping. Talk about your "Kid Mode"! :^)

I also had the little fire dude move down off of a block once towards nothing (no block for him to land on) and then *wham* he kills me (I was one block to the right of the initial block). I'll try and get that to repeat if I have more time to play tomorrow. Not sure if that was a feature, so to speak, but it certainly didn't seen intuitive.

Anyhow, I got a good laugh after figuring out all I needed to do was hold down the fire button. You shoulda seen my face trying to time jumps and the button just right, jumping back and forth as fast as I could. *sigh*

gl,

Ruffin Bailey

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/