Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Not mergeable with Colbert wizardry...

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Not mergeable with Colbert wizardry...
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:16:26 -0500
At 11:56 PM 3/16/01 -0500, Chris Wilkson wrote:
>people who are accustomed to watching video, will be able to conciously
>read things that are there for only a single frame.

I'm sorry, I was only referring to delays in control mechanisms.  Most
people can't tell, when they press a button or turn a wheel, whether the
device responded in 0ms or 70ms.  I haven't tried this, but this is what
I've head from the FPS people (Carmack et al.) when they discuss network
latency, frame rate or what have you.

Visually, you're right. I think most people at this point can read
single-frame high-contrast text, especially once they come to expect it.
I'm sure everyone on this list would notice a single frame of black or
white, too, even if we only perceived it as "the game has some flicker."

Rob

-