Re: [stella] new VCS2600-programming tool in works

Subject: Re: [stella] new VCS2600-programming tool in works
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:09:29 +0100
At 13.58 17/03/01 +0100, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

And for developing a VCS emulator from scratch: I don't want to
discourage you, but you'll be facing a LOT of work. I know what
a long way the current emulators have come to get where they are
now, and none of them is anywhere near perfect. They do fine on
emulating finished games, but for an emulator that is mainly meant
as a development tool you need be as acurate as possible.

That's a very good point: now the best thing to do would be to collaborate with the author of one of the best 2600 emulators available, so that it can be integrated within the developement environement to support advanced features like single-step debugging etc.

--
Ciao, \
P. \ PGP public key available.

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/