Re: Fwd: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Not mergeable with Colbert wizardry...

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: Not mergeable with Colbert wizardry...
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:00:04 -0500
At 02:15 AM 3/17/01 -0500, Chris Wilkson wrote:
>Using my personal joypad I can probably get anywhere from 20-40Hz.
>But that's not a 2600 joystick.  :P

I look forward to trying Track and Field out now that I have the Hotrod SE.
 I could get up to probably 10Hz in the arcade (that'd be 20 button presses
per second) but I seriously doubt my reflexes are anything like that anymore.

Wonder if I can get any of the 2600 emulators to map different keypresses
to left and right so I could do the same with Decathlon.

I'd forgotten all about T&F in my post last month to rgvc about the state
of arcades circa 1981-3.  That was definitely one that got a lot of play in
a social setting.

Rob

-