Re: [stella] Qb, 2600, PC, adios

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb, 2600, PC, adios
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:13:20 +0100
Andrew Davie schrieb:

> I have just posted the PhillyClassic binary to Randy (who will be producing
> 25 carts for the PhillyClassic show, on my behalf) - so, I guess that is the
> end of Qb.

It's realy a fine product in the end, thank you for doing it. I really
enjoyed both watching it's progress and the final output.

> Now, the sad news...
> I've decided to abandon the 2600 for the while.  The new Nintendo Gameboy
> Advance has caught my eye, and I'm now pretty much setup with a development
> environment to let me play with that machine.

Uhm... that is the root of all that's evil, the Z-80, you're talking
about? *shiver*

> I won't bore you with the
> details - but I really need to put some food on the table, so am hoping to
> find someone who needs a good programmer (me, dolts!) who for that platform.

Please tell me that I'm wrong here, but you didn't think you could've
made a living out of 2600 coding? That's at least an impression I got.

> Anyway, I'll still be a lurker on this list - and help others where I can.

That's fine to hear. I'd really be sad if we'd lose you here. I really
appreciate all your valuable input here. I mean not only 'QB', but all
your concern for other projects, too. It'd be a great loss for us if
you'd just call it quits. There's already too much people who left for
other duties/priorities and whose input I sadly miss, judging from all
this brill stuff hidden in the archive.

> Once again, thanks for all the help - finally, complete... and finally a
> 'finally' without quotes around it!

Best wishes for that and your future,
	Manuel

-