Re: [stella] New project - Need help

Subject: Re: [stella] New project - Need help
From: "Maximiliam Luppe" <maxluppe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:20:35 -0300
-----Mensagem Original-----
De: "Manuel Polik" <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Para: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Enviada em: Segunda-feira, 26 de Março de 2001 19:31
Assunto: Re: [stella] New project - Need help

> Hi Maximilliam,
>
> welcome on board!

Thanks!

> > I want to trace a horizontal line that changes its vertical position
when I
> > move joystick up or down and changes its horizontal velocity when I move
> > joystick left or right.
> >
> > ------____________--------------________
> > <-up-><---down---><-----up-----><-down->
> >
> > I'd like to know if it should be possible. Any sugestions are welcome.
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Moving anything up or down according to joystick movements should of
> course be no problem.
>
> I'm not sure if I understood that horizontal velocity bit. Could you be
> just a bit more detailed?

The idea of horizontal velocity is to increase (or decrease) joystick
reading rate. A bit confusing, yet!? When I move joystick right, I can
increase the number of joystick reading per scanline, and when I move
joystick left, I can decrease the number of joystick reading per scanline.

> And: Are we talking a Playfield, Sprites, Missiles or BG-Color line?

I'm not sure I understand these terms. I think 2 Sprites should be enough,
but I don't know if it should be the best choice. Any suggestions are
welcome.

Sprite_Top
   db %11111111
   db %00000000