Re: [stella] NES Controller to Booster Grip mod

Subject: Re: [stella] NES Controller to Booster Grip mod
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:15:58 +0200
> I've just posted a FAQ on my web page detailing how to mod a NES
> controller to get booster grip functionality.  Button A is normal fire,
> button b is Booster grip button #1 and start is booster grip button #2.
It
> seems to work great with Omega Race.  Since it doesn't use the second
> booster grip button, is there any demos or games out there that use the
> second booster grip button?
>
> Three button atari 2600 controllers -- The wave of the future! :-)

Cool, I didn't know that the Booster Grip connects the two
paddle lines with the joystick button line. That means that I
could turn my Proline joysticks into Booster Grip controllers
just by pulling off the red and the yellow wire from the
main board, as this provides the ground connection for the
two paddle lines. Seems that those joysticks are useful for
something afterall. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-