Re: [stella] dev systems

Subject: Re: [stella] dev systems
From: CRACKERS <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:48:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> The original 2600 breadboard was interfaced to a Jolt system which had a
> tape drive.  Originally they keyed in the games byte by byte and
> hand-assembled them, but that was maddening.  They then cross-assembled on a
> timesharing system (probably a minicomputer like a PDP-11, they used TI
> terminals) and saved to tape and sneakernetted it to the breadboard system.

I remember once seeing a picture of a computer, not too unlike a Rockwell
AIM 65, hand made and mounted on bits of wood with a 20 character LED
segment display and hard wired into a semi-disassembled Atari 2600 which
was hooked up to a colour TV and was labled as an "Atari VCS 2600
programmer system". I think it was in a library book. It was a very
kludged together looking system either one of the early prototype
developer systems or something pieced together by an early 3rd party
developer.

                                CRACKERS
                       (Odd computers from hell!!!)

-