Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Dungeons

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Dungeons
From: Erik Mooney <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 22:33:51 -0400
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:49:24 -0400, you wrote:

>on 4/24/01 9:55 AM, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx at cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Come on, you probably could put an 1 GHz pentium 4 processor and a
>> sounblaster-on-a-chip into a device and connect it somehow to the VCS.
>
>Not _exactly_ the same.  At least the Supercharger is a contemporary of the
>2600.  That's an awful key distinction.
>
>What's neat is that the full potential of the SC will probably never really
>be realized.

Dragonstomper doesn't?  Stell-a-Sketch doesn't?

And that's hardly remarkable in the computing world, anyway.  No PC since
maybe an early Pentium has been pushed anywhere near its full potential
(Quake for DOS was about the last game fully hand-optimized in assembly
and more dependent on the CPU than a 3D accelerator.)  The 7800 and Jaguar
never came near their full potential.

But I agree that if you're going to write for the 2600, you may as well
write for the base system instead of for an accessory that only some
hardcore collectors have.

-